Underpinning all of our services is a set of values that lie at the heart of everything we do. We can sum them up as a list – resilience, support, education, respect, collaboration, communication, accountability – but their meaning for us and for the children, and young people with complex health conditions and their families goes well beyond mere words. Combine them with a model of care that covers physical, emotional, social and spiritual dimensions and the unique approach of True Colours soon becomes apparent.
True Colours’ services are:
- 24/7 during times of crisis
- Responsive to referrals (within 24 hours)
- Available to children and young people from birth to 18 years
- Accessible to both rural and urban families within the greater Waikato region
- Sensitive to the emotional needs of both patients and their families
- Focused on building partnerships of care with children with serious illness and their families, and working collaboratively with other health professionals
Through True Colours, you’ll have access to counselling, nursing care and education. We provide opportunities for creative therapy through music, art and play. And there are workshops, presentations and support groups facilitated by our staff. Moreover, each patient and his or her family have a key worker dedicated to ensuring their needs are met.